Is this app only for members, or can non-members (guests) use it too?
This app is for members and non-members (guests).
What is the Fitness First Mobile App?
This mobile app allows members and guests to book and/or buy classes across the network and search available classes or view class timetables in real time. Members/guests can also track and manage booked classes on the app. Apart from that, members/ guests will be able to purchase a Personal Training session (coming soon).The app also has other features for members such as rewarding badges and taking part in club challenges.
Do I need to pay for the app?
No, the app is free for members and guests. For your safety and protection, please follow our COVID-19 safety precautions when you visit your club for a workout.
COVID-19 SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
What do I need to do to access the club upon its reopening?
Before your visit
You’ll need to pre-book access to the following through our new mobile application. Pre-booking on the app is mandatory to:
- Access the gym floor (subject to availability – select ‘Gym Floor Access’ on the app)
- Book your spot for your preferred group exercise class (subject to availability). However, group fitness classes are temporarily not offered in compliance with government guidelines.
During your visit
Please observe the following guidelines:
1. Show your app to our Front of House team to verify your booking.
2. Scan the Stay Safe QR code prior to check in.
3. Please complete the Health Declaration Form prior to your visit. Check your email or SMS inbox for the link.
4. Have your temperature checked at Front of House upon entry – we reserve the right to deny entry if your temperature is above 37.5 degrees or if you are experiencing cough, runny nose, difficulty in breathing and sore throat.
5. Sanitise your hands upon entry and exit.
6. Wear a mask before and after activity.
7. Observe good personal hygiene including wiping down equipment before and after use.
8. Observe safe social distancing at all times.
I can’t seem to book any gym floor slots via the app as they fill up quite quickly. Why is that so?
In order to continue to mitigate the health risks surrounding Covid-19 and to observe sufficient social distancing, we have reduced the gym floor capacity in general. As such, slots via the app are based on a ‘first come, first served’ basis. However, we do request that members be considerate and limit themselves to booking only one gym floor access per day to allow others the opportunity to workout and use the club.
If I just want to use the cardio/ strength and/or free weights area, do I still need to make a booking?
Yes, you must make a booking in order to gain access to the gym - select ‘Gym Floor Access’ on the app (subject to availability of slots).
How long can I stay in the gym?
This will depend on your booking session. Please adhere to your booked timelines and leave immediately after your session.
Does the time slot include the time I will need to shower / change?
Yes, the time slot will cater for time to allow for a quick shower/ change.
Why do I need to book gym floor access?
We have implemented this new booking system to manage the number of people in the club at any one time, and taking into consideration safe social distancing guidelines. This, together with some other new in-club guidelines, seek to mitigate the health risks surrounding Covid-19. We continue to monitor the circumstances surrounding this global health pandemic and will adjust our policies accordingly in response to new developments.
What devices can I use the app on?
You will need a Mobile device Operating System that is iOS 11.0 and above or Android version 5.0 and above.
Note: We recommend that you regularly update your device operating system and app for optimum experience.
Is the app available in all stores?
The Fitness First app is available in Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
Do I need an internet connection to use the app?
The App requires internet connection when in use. User will not be able to see updated classes/functions without internet connection. You may need to login again once you get your connection back online. The app does not support offline mode.
I tried to register as a member but received an error. What do I do next?
1) Check if you are using the same email address as the one you used when you registered for your membership. The app recognizes the members by their individual email addresses.
2) You can also speak to the club staff/ front-of-house to update your personal email address in the membership system.
Why can’t I register for the app using my email account? It says “The field email is already being used”
This error will show when you try to create a new account while an existing Fitness First app is already using this email. To resolve this issue, use a different email if a family member is already using this email address to register for the app.
If you are a member, you will need to use the same email address that you have registered for your membership so that the app is able to reconcile with the email address provided in the membership system.
I did not receive my verification code. What should I do?
Should you not receive any email with the verification code, you can tap on “I didn’t receive the code” to re-send an email.
Also, check your spam folder as your filters may be stopping the email from coming through to your inbox.
My membership wasn’t found. What do I need to do?
It could be due to several different reasons:
1) Check that you used the same email address as the one you used when you bought your membership. If you are unsure, please contact your front-of-house to check.
2) Or, your email address was used for multiple memberships (e.g. shared email address with another family member). Should this be the case, please contact the club staff/front-of-house team so that they can update your email address in the membership system.
Upon re-joining a cancelled membership, can I use the same email address that I have previously used in my old membership account?
To avoid email address duplication error please provide a new email address upon re-joining. If you do not have an alternative email address, please speak to our club staff / front-of-house so that they can help to amend/remove the email address from the cancelled membership.
I have already created an account. How do I log in?
Just after the on boarding, you can click on either “I am a member” or “I’m not a member”. On the next page, instead of filling your details, simply click on “I already have an account”. You will then be taken to the log in page where you will be able to log back in.
I created my account with Facebook and logged out. How do I log back in?
Simply select “Continue with Facebook” in the “I’m not a member” and Facebook will log you right back in.
I am not a member and I tried to book a session but I am not able to do so.
For non-members to book a session, they will need to proceed with payment in order to book the classes they want to participate in. However, given the current pandemic, we regret that we are not allowing access to guests / non-members at the moment.
* Note: Some sessions are only exclusively for members only and are not bookable for non-members.
What happens if I don't log out?
You will remain signed in. To log out go to More > Log out
Are all classes/ gym floor slots available for booking via the app?
Members are required to book their gym floor slots via the app prior to coming to the gym. In compliance with government guidelines, our clubs will not be offering group fitness classes until further notice.How do I start booking my spot through the app?
Please follow these steps:
1) Download Fitness First app through App Store / Play Store
2) Sign in / Sign up as a member by entering your email address (For members, please use the email provided when you joined the club), create your own password (for first time login only) and select your country.
3) Click on Gym Floor Access and search for your preferred gym slot schedule and click on the "Book" button.
4) Your spot is now booked.
How far in advance can I view the class timetable?
Members are able to view timetable information 14 days in advance.
How far in advance can I book a spot in a gym floor slot?
Classes are open for booking 46 hours before the class .
How do I go on the waitlist for a gym floor booking?
On the timetable select the preferred gym floor slot that you want to book > tap on Register on waitlist if the class is fully booked
Waitlist booking rule
- You can start to book yourself as soon as the class is available within 46hrs if the class is fully booked.
- You can go on a waitlist up to 60 minutes before the class starts. The waitlist window closes once we reach 60 minutes before the class starts.
CANCELLATION AND PENALTIES
How do I cancel my bookings?
On the Home screen click on Bookings > Upcoming > Click on the booked session you want to cancel > Click on 'Cancel booking'.
For members - gym floor bookings
- No penalty imposed on cancellations made more than1 hour before the session starts.
- Members who cancel their bookings less than 1 hour before the session starts 6 times within a 30-day period will incur a penalty, namely a 7-day suspension of their booking privileges.
How do I cancel my bookings if I am booked into a session from the waitlist?
On the Home screen click on Bookings > Upcoming > Click on the class you want to cancel > Click on 'Cancel booking'.
For members - gym floor bookings
- No penalty imposed on cancellations made more than 5 minutes before the class starts.
- Members who cancel their bookings less than 5 minutes before the session starts 6 times within a 30-day period will incur a penalty, namely a 7-day suspension of their booking privileges.
Can I book a spot for a friend?
You are only able to book a spot for yourself. If your friend or family member would like to purchase a class/ gym access (if available), they will need to download the app and register on the app before they can proceed to buy the class access.
Note that access to classes will be available only based on first come, first served basis (subject to walk in capacity allocated per class).
Where can I view my bookings?
In the Home screen, click on Bookings in the menu bar at the bottom. This will take you to your upcoming and past bookings.
How soon should I arrive before the session starts?
Check in opens at reception 15 minutes prior to start of session and closes 5 minutes before class.
Can I purchase a daily pass for my friend or family member?
You are only able to purchase daily passes for yourself. If your friend or family member would like to purchase a daily pass they will need to download the app and register on the app before they can proceed to buy the daily pass. Note that access to classes will be available only based on first come, first served basis (subject to walk in capacity allocated per class).
CHALLENGES & ACHIEVEMENTS
I just completed an achievement but I didn’t get the badge.
Achievements are automatically calculated online and can take up to fifteen minutes to be awarded. If after 15 minutes you still haven’t received your achievement, please contact our front of house team.
What kind of challenges can I take part through the app?
The club or country will post new challenges in the app from time to time, so watch out for it.
Can I take part in more than one challenge at a time?
Yes, you can.
Can I invite my friend who is a non-member to participate in the challenge? Can non-members take part in the challenges?
Challenges are open to members only.
What data does the app collect, and how will it be used?
We and/or our third party service providers may collect information about your location when you use or access the App. The location data we collect varies in degree and is dependent upon data from your device through settings you activate on your device; or other location sources such as IP address. You may disable the collection and use of your location data through your browser, operating system, or device-level settings.
Do I get any notification from the app?
Yes. Please enable the "Notification" setting in your phone to allow notifications to come through.
Fitness First reserve the right to alter any of the clauses contained herein in compliance with local legislation, to meet its global policy requirements, and for any other purpose deemed necessary by the Company.